Call for Presentations
DevOpsDays is a self-organising conference for practitioners of DevOps.
We are looking for any topic relating to DevOps, including but not limited to Culture, Automation, Measurement, Sharing.
The event is on 29th and 30th of October 2019 in Ghent, Belgium
What we’re looking this year
Types of accepted proposals:
- Ignite Talks: 5-minute, auto-forwarding talk.
- Presentations: a 35-minute talk on a topic of your choice, with some time for questions.
The Ignite Talks are 5 minute talks with 20 slides (max., 15 seconds per slide) which auto-advance. If you are not familiar with the Ignite Talk format, good examples can be found at: http://ignitetalks.io/.
- Use demos and examples to help tell a story (Show, don’t tell!)
- Multiple entries are welcome (maximum of 3 please)
- Submissions must be made by one of the presenters; we do not accept proposals submitted on behalf of others.
- All presentations must conform to the DevOpsDays code of conduct.
- When applying devops principles what are are the quantitative and qualitative relationships between business, money and decision making vs "automate and monitor all the things"
- We are ten years into devops and one of the goals was to break down barriers between dev and ops. However we have devops teams now in many organisations. Did we really take down barriers or did we introduce new ones?
- What is the impact of cross-silo collaboration beyond just dev & ops.
- The "belief" that tools & tech will save us, the over-toolishness (foolishness?) attitude and "shiny" new frameworks/
- Did we get any closer to agile communities (besides the occasional devops track)?
- Did our happiness increase and did we reduce burnout through the devops principles?
- How the utopian of a meaningfulness post-mortem/ root cause analysis
- ITIL wasn't that bad , we need more structure, agree or disagree?
- Does it really make sense to be a member dogma of X deploys a day
- Did the configuration management tools actually evolve? Why is serverless felt as different thing?
- Are our approaches to observability, chaos engineering enough?
- The parallels between the tech and sales, support, supply and business pipelines.
- devsecops, when will be go beyond the tooling?
- How to support your employees and help them learn and make a good career.
The Call for Presentations will close on 2019-07-14 23:59:59 CET